Home safety precautions may not be at the top of your summer to-do list but having peace of mind can help to ensure a carefree summer for you and your family. Taking steps to secure the safety and security of your home can also help to avoid costly insurance claims in the long run.
Ways To Keep Your Home Safe
- Keep a Fire Extinguisher in your kitchen and know how to use it.
- Check your smoke detectors; replacing the batteries once a year.
- Cover electrical outlets with child-proof guards when young children are in your home.
- Check that your sump pump is working properly at the onset of storm season (summer).
- Consider installing smart locks for your home for peace of mind when you are home or away.
Whether you own or rent your home, apartment or condo make sure you are adequately insured for the safety of its contents and inhabitants. Contact your insurance specialist at RHH Insurance to review your homeowners policy or renter’s insurance and make any necessary changes throughout the year. And have a safe and happy summer!